Thursday, September 29, 2011

TESTIMONIES OF GOD'S GOODNESS


A JOY to Serve!
It was pure joy for us this weekend-- to be able to meet so many adoptive and foster parents sent to us as gifts from His hand. From the moment people walked in the door of Northlands Church they could sense the embrace of HOPE and the particular love of the Father for them. Many thanks to all who took the time and effort to arrange child care and change schedules (no simple feat!) in order to attend Hope at Home 2011!


We believe that the best fathers and mothers are those who have learned to be a son or daughter of our amazing, gracious, kind and powerful Heavenly Father. Hope at Home 2011 was a time for many to experience anew the transformational touch of their Father, always full of HOPE for every situation we parents face.  


Some TESTIMONIES of God's Goodness:



"Just wanted to thank you all for a wonderful weekend. This was the first time my husband joined me at an adoption conf. so we were truly blessed. Thanks for your time, energy and love for others."

"God has just poured out His love and refreshing on us here! I feel like we have just been embraced and cared for by everyone from this church! We NEEDED this!"

"I have never had support in my 10 year journey. Just hearing and knowing there are others that care was amazing and filled a huge void."



"This weekend was a good reminder that our ONLY hope lies in Him…not in a solid ministry….not in other people….in Him."

"It was so encouraging and refreshing!  Thank you for all your hard work and thank you to your church for being so welcoming and supportive of adoptive parents.  The talks were all excellent, the music was worshipful, the food was good and every little detail down to the printed materials and gifts were so thoughtfully done."


"Thank you for a fabulous refreshing, reviving, envisioning weekend. I can't wait until next year's Hope at Home!!! May the Lord reward you 100 fold for all you invested for His Kingdom!"
"I wanted to write you to tell you how much I enjoyed the Hope at Home conference this weekend.  Adoption conferences can be burdensome….the need is so very great….it can be overwhelming.   But Hope at Home was full of refreshment.  I left encouraged and eager to dig into God's Word to further explore stories or nuggets of truth introduced over the weekend.  To me, that says it all.  To me, that says it all.  If this conference inspires parents to dig deeper into God's Word, you have accomplished much.  Hebrews 6:19 says, "We have this hope as an anchor for our soul, firm and secure."  I think of this verse often and I picture myself tethered to my anchor, Jesus.  The shorter the rope, the less I get thrashed about by the winds and waves of this world.  Being in His Word, keeps me on a shorter rope….it is so very important.  I don't think anyone could walk away from this weekend without desiring to know Jesus more and to dig deep in His Word.  Thank you for all of the time and energy that went into pulling this weekend together.  It was really fantastic."



"We had a wonderful time and left feeling rested! Thank you so much for all your hard work. It was a wonderful event and I cannot wait until next year. The Lord spoke to me over the weekend and gave me new hope for this season of our life. I am so thankful I was able to be still and listen. You all made us feel loved and welcome and to be honest that is what I needed most!"


"There is none like our God Who rides through the heavens to your help." Deuteronomy 33:26

We'd like to thank Laura Means for the wonderful photography! And thank you to Greg Haswell and the Elders at Northlands Church , along with all of the Grace Teams, for serving God's tender love in myriad ways for each Hope at Home 2011 attendee throughout the conference.

We can't wait until next year. We are already dreaming about Hope at Home 2012- Mark your calendars for Sept 21-22, 2012!

In the meantime, LIKE US ON FACEBOOK, for updates and on-going encouragement from Hope at Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment