Monday, April 11, 2011

Singing In Prison

Singing in Prison When you, Lord, are my home, prison is not disturbing. I can even sing there late into the night because "You have been my dwelling place -- [my home] -- in all generations (Ps 90:1)." This means for my generation and for the generation of my children, biologic, adopted, spiritual. When I am living in You as my home, I feel Your shelter, its comforts and protection and even beautifully inspiring arquitectural design, and I rest in that place under Your shade! "She who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. (Ps 91:1)" Oh my amazing Friend, how refreshing for me to live as a mother of 10 under the shadow of the One who has "all might" -- all power, to do in and for and through and in spite of them-- all I long for but am not equipped to effect. And as I am "holding fast to You in love," You "answer" me for my children and You are "with me" in their trouble (Ps 91:15). This is so supernaturally true and real, that even in the prison of their suffering, my praise to You shakes the foundations of their chains of pain, and miraculously, "everyone's bonds are unfastened." It is, in my experience today, as with Paul and Silas, "about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God and the prisoners were listening to them and suddenly there was a great earthquake so that the foundations [of pain and lies and hopelessness] of [their] prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors [of healing and truth and hope] were opened and everyone's bonds were unfastened." (Acts 17:25-26). This is our prayer of our Home today Lord, for ourselves and for our children. You are amaaaazing!!! - Submitted by Susan Hillis

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderfully full of HOPE Susan. I love the picture of "everyone's bonds were unfastened"--I believe this for us all! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete