Monday, March 17, 2014

THE LITTLE PRINCES

You may remember our friend Awara Fernandez from her post last month about how God showed her what was really going on underneath her son's behavior. We are honored to have her back today! You are going to love this one!
                                                                                                     
Sometimes I....

Wait.... 

Okay. Usually I. . . {sigh}

Um...

All right...

Most of the time, I forget who my sons really are.  

I get so distracted by their behavior 
or my irritability
or my fatigue
or just my own sin 
that I don’t see them clearly.  

Today in fact, I asked both of them to show me their cards.  “What?” they asked. 
“The cards that you got in Peru, you know, the ones stamped with the official government seal. The ones that say, ‘This child does not have to do chores.’”   
Blank looks.  
“You didn’t bring your cards with you?” I ask, my voice rising in disbelief.  
Shaking of heads 
Cristian (8 years old) wails while patting his hips, “But I don’t have pockets!” 
He really wants that card!  
“Well, you had better go back and get them,” I reply, “or else you’ll have to stay here and do chores like the rest of the family.” 


I have cried out to the Lord, “Hey! Are these my sons? Did I carry them in my womb? Did I give birth to them? Did I nurse them?  No! They are YOUR sons, and they are driving me CRAZY!”  
And, weeping on my bed at night in my husband’s arms, “I would rather die and be with Jesus than live like this!” 
Recently I found myself reading in Numbers, 
Moses heard the people . . . wailing. . . and [he] was troubled. He asked the Lord,’ Why have you brought this trouble on your servant? What have I done to displease you that you put the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive all these people? Did I give them birth? Why do you tell me to carry them in my arms, as a nurse carries an infant? The burden is too heavy for me. If this is how you are going to treat me, put me to death right now . . .” (parts of chapter 11: 10-15)  
"Oh!"  I exclaimed, “From Moses’ lips to Your ears, Lord!”  Wow. How gracious of the Lord to have recorded those words of Moses all those years ago, so that they could be an encouragement to those of us now finding ourselves in hard places as we parent our children adopted from hard places! I am personally thrilled to know that Moses, friend of God, felt just like I do!  


So, who are these boys?  
Children of the King  
Royalty  
Little Princes  
Even though they do not fully know their identity yet. 
Even though they sometimes . . . 

Wait...

Okay. Usually....{sigh}

Alright...

most of the time do not act like it
  
Yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment